PDST Technology in Education recruits tutors to assist us deliver our programme of CPD.
TeacherCPD.ie online course delivery:
PDST Technology in Education recruits part-time e-tutors to facilitate our online course programme.
The role of the e-tutor includes the following:
- To lead learning and guide participants in their achievement of the course learning outcomes
- To promote the engagement of learners
- To stimulate, monitor and guide discussion in online forums
- To provide opportunities for participants to reflect on their own practice and prepare for implementing course content in their own classrooms
- To monitor participants' learning and completion of assignments
- To play a role in ensuring the valid participation of those enrolled in the course
- To review and approve participants' successful course completion and provide feedback to those who have unsuccessfully requested course completion
- To provide first level technical support to participants
Details of specific calls for etutors are posted on this website as they arise. If you are interested in etutoring, applicants must:
- Be a fully qualified primary teacher, with recent classroom experience
- Have experience of using ICT to support learning and teaching
- Be a confident user of ICT
- Have previous experience of participating in online professional development and/or being part of an online learning community
- Have a positive attitude towards sharing of practice within their own school, or as a member of a teacher professional network or other learning community
- Have excellent written communication skills
- (Technical Requirement) All applicants must have a good broadband connection and a laptop or desktop PC (with the latest version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari installed).
While not a requirement, previous completion of a PDST Technology in Education online course would be a distinct advantage.
If you meet the criteria stated above and are interested in being kept informed of future opportunities, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Face to Face Course Delivery
Details of specific calls for tutors are posted to this website, in our monthly newsletter and advertised in the education centre network as they arise. If you are interested in tutoring, you must meet the following general criteria:
- Be a fully qualified primary or post-primary teacher with recent classroom experience
- Have experience of integrating ICT into learning and teaching in a classroom setting
- Be a confident user of ICT across a range of media and applications
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are currently seeking new tutors for the following new term-time courses:
- Embedding ICT (primary)
- Tablet Technologies (primary)
- Digital Citizenship/Internet Safety (primary and post-primary) - tutor training in November 2016
- Assessment of and for Learning using ICT (post-primary)
You are advised to contact your local education centre if you are interested. In most cases, the Education Centres choose tutors at local level and nominate a select few to attend the national tutor training programme. If you are interested in tutoring, please read the Tutor Agreement and send the tutor application form to the ICT Administrator in your local Education Centre and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.