Online Summer Courses Information (Primary)
12th April 2023
We are pleased to announce details of our free online summer courses for primary teachers, 2023.
Two courses are on offer in July (only): Multimedia Projects on Climate and Sustainability and Introduction to Digital Citizenship Education (Primary).
If you are new to our online summer courses, we encourage you to consider doing one of our courses as we have excellent e-tutors who will support you.
The courses are provided in accordance with the usual model of asynchronous (anytime) learning – there are no ‘live’ elements. Participants will need to study for a minimum of ten online hours, with 20 hours of study time in total. Courses are approved for EPV days.
A notice for your school’s noticeboard is available at this link.
Descriptions and Links to Enrol
Have a look at the following course descriptions, which also contain the link to enrol. Please note that intending participants must choose and enrol in one course only.
– Multimedia Projects on Climate and Sustainability, July 3-20: UPDATE 23rd May: All places taken – enrolment closed.
– Introduction to Digital Citizenship Education (Primary), July 3-20: UPDATE 23rd May: All places taken – enrolment closed.
In a change from our usual enrolment process, enrolment for both of our online summer courses commences on the same date.
Important pre-enrolment notes. Please read
- In order to enable access to these free courses by as many teachers as possible, participants may enrol in one course only. Please read the course details in advance and select your preferred course.
- If you accidentally self-enrol in more than one course and do not self-unenrol from the second one, we will automatically unenrol you from one course of our choice.
- Places can go quickly, so prepare yourself with your Scoilnet account details in advance (see note below).
- Once enrolled, you cannot transfer your place to a colleague. We are also unable to facilitate requests to transfer to another course.
- Although provided free of charge to participants, we request that you take a course place only if you fully intend to complete the course, as each place is provided at a cost. Those who enrol but do not engage also have a significant impact on the course/group experience and deprive another teacher of the place.
- Please also remember the Department of Education requirement that, if completing a second course with another provider, courses must be completed consecutively, not concurrently.
Your Scoilnet Account and User Profile
You must use your (personal) Scoilnet account username and password for enrolment and course access.
- Scoilnet account problems? The Broadband Service Desk can help you via the freephone number 1800 33 44 66, or via the contact form for Scoilnet accounts, here.
- First time online course participants need to complete a user profile here before completing enrolment. It is a good idea to do this in advance of the enrolment date.
Interested in our online summer courses?
The Online Courses section of our website has the full details of both courses. A button with the link to self-enrol will open at the end of each course description on 3rd May at 10am and will remain available until all places are taken.